Tonight marks our first official meeting of the school year as we set out to make 2016-17 our most successful and fun MUN year ever. Here is an overview of tonight's agenda:
1. Welcome & introductions
2. KC Mayor's Dinner--We have 4 spots available to attend this event on Monday, October 24th. Please email me if you are interested in attending.
2. WUMUNS assignments: Click on the link to find out your assignment. Go to the committee page and print out/begin reading the background guide. Position papers are due Friday, October 7th (one week before conference).
3. Park University Model UN conference (PMUN): We will be attending Park University's MUN conference this year for all new students and those not attending WUMUNS. This conference is similar to MKCMUN and will be used to help determine our travel team to MUNUC (Chicago).
4. University of Chicago Model UN (MUNUC): We will be taking approximately 20-22 students to Chicago for this large, competitive conference. It will be held February 2-5, 2017. The traveling team will be determined based on performances at WUMUNS and PMUN.
5. Potential Officer Elections? Do we need/want them this year? What offices/duties?
6. Future meeting dates: Plan on Monday evenings. Eagle Hour?