Tonight marks our first official meeting of the school year as we set out to make 2017-18 our most successful and fun MUN year ever. Here is an overview of tonight's agenda:
1. Welcome & introductions (5 minute interview, 30second-1 minute introductions)
2. KC Mayor's Dinner--We will have a few spots (typically 4) available to attend this event on Wednesday, October 18th. Please email me if you are interested in attending.
3. Women's Foundation 25th Anniversary Program featuring keynote speaker Samantha Power, former ambassador to the UN on Tuesday, October 3rd.
4. WUMUNS assignments: We should be finding out very shortly our committee assignments. Please go to the committee page and email me your top five preferences. I want to make the specific assignments ASAP so you can begin research/writing position papers.
5. Mock Session: Mark your calendar for Monday, October 30th. We will have an extended meeting (6:00-9:00pm) to simulate a MUN session. This mock session will be used to help determine our travel team to MUNUC (Chicago).
6. University of Chicago Model UN (MUNUC): We will be taking approximately 18 students to Chicago for this large, competitive conference. It will be held February 1-4, 2018. The traveling team will be determined based on performances at WUMUNS and the Mock Session.
7. Future meeting dates: Plan on Monday evenings 6:30-8:00p in the LMC unless otherwise noted.
8. LNMUN Member Recruitment: encourage underclassmen to join us!
9. Please bookmark this page (libertynorthmun.blogspot.com) and follow us on Twitter @libertynorthmun